Locked nucleic acid nucleotides can be incorporated into effective qPCR probes [1–4]. Because these bases significantly increase melting temperature (Tm), PrimeTime LNA qPCR Probes can be designed with shorter
lengths than standard qPCR probes. Shorter probes have better quenching and a higher signal-to-noise ratio and are, therefore, more sensitive. More importantly, these probes offer an improved ability to distinguish mutations or single nucleotide polymorphisms
(SNPs) . A locked nucleic acid probe can be designed to have a ΔTm of >15°C, which increases the precision of allele determination in real-time PCR or other methods that use differential hybridization to distinguish polymorphisms.
For design strategies and tips, see the Product details tab on the Affinity Plus qPCR Probes product page or contact us. Design fees may apply.
PrimeTime LNA qPCR Probes can be ordered either at a guaranteed yield of 0.5 nmol or at defined synthesis scales to suit your research needs.
PrimeTime Mini LNA qPCR Probes
- Ideal for analyzing a small sample set or performing a few reactions to optimize probe designs
- Available with FAM, HEX, or Yakima Yellow® (YAK) fluorescent dyes, and Iowa Black® FQ quencher
- Guaranteed normalized yield of 0.5 nmol
PrimeTime LNA qPCR Probes
- Available with FAM, Cy® 3, Cy® 5, TEX, TYE™, YAK, and HEX dyes
- High synthesis scales (250 nmol and 1 µmol) for large-scale and high-throughput requirements